Secure Digital (SD) card is where you store tons of data such as photos, videos, music etc. But, it is not that much secure as the name says. Let’s imagine, you’re in a vacation with your old pals, you took so many pictures on your mobile and selfies as well. As most of the mobile phones hold a little internal memory, we use SD card as our primary storage media. As we are getting lots of updates on our mobiles daily, we can do complex tasks with few clicks. We are also engaged in cleaning up of mobile memory. Fortunately, format also joins the party.
Digital Cameras use SDHC card and it stores the images in RAW format depending upon the brand you’re using. The files on the card may get corrupted or even deleted under some cases of human error, unplugging the device while the transfer process is going on and many others.
There is an application called Remo Recover for Mac available for SD card data recovery. You can download the utility for free and after installation, connect SD card with the computer having Remo software and you will be able to scan the SD card for deleted files.
The features are listed below
- The software recovers data from SD, SDHC, SDXC cards, etc.
- It supports all major SD card brands such as SanDisk, Sony and Samsung, etc.
- Recovers all types of documents, images, audio and video file formats.
- It allows you to sneak peek your files before recovering. So you’ll be satisfied before buying the full version.
Steps involved in SD card Recovery
- First connect the SD card inserted card reader or mobile phone to the computer using a data cable.
- Open the downloaded Remo Recover for Mac software.
- Select Recover Volumes / Drive option and then choose Volume Recovery.
- Now choose the SD card where you want data from and click next.
- Succeeding that, you can view deleted folder or files by using the “Show Deleted” button available at the top-left of the software.
- Now you’ll be able to “Save Recovery Session” so that you need not scan your SD card again after purchase of full version.
Mistakes to avoid post SD card format
- Don’t try to take photos with camera using the formatted SD card. The new data (image) may overwrite the file which was previously present so it complicates the recovery process.
- Don’t try to reformat the SD card under any circumstances.
- Don’t use the SD card with dubious software. You may have a chance of not getting your data if it plays with the SD card or overwriting in the name of recovery.
- Keep the SD cards untouched after format, so that you can recover your files safely using recovery software.
Remo Recover software is completely free to download and preview your deleted files. The preview option assures you that all files have been recovered by displaying them visually, so your purchase is worth the money.