“Uh oh” are probably the first two words most of the people utter when they realize that their photos have disappeared from their digital cameras. If you have accidentally deleted the images or formatted the memory card of your camera when it is corrupted, then no need to worry. There are several ways to recover images from digital camera, the best and easier one is detailed below. Here is how to get started.
You will need a card reader, computer, the memory card of your camera, and a reliable and trusted third party photo recovery tool.
Step 1: As soon as you realize that the photos are missing from the memory card of your camera, don’t do anything to the card. It means, avoids capturing any more photos on the card. Immediately remove the memory card from the camera.
Step 2: Many photo recovery tools are available online to recover images from the camera. Select the effective and reliable one. Remo Recover is best among top data recovery tools, as I recovered all my pictures when I lost them few days back. Just download and install the free demo edition of Remo Recover software on your PC.
Step 3: Connect the memory card of your camera to your PC via card reader. Then, launch the installed Remo Recover software by double clicking its icon.
Step 4: Once the software is launched, from the main screen, select “Recover Photos” option.
Step 5: Now, the software displays a list of detected drives. Choose the drive that is representing your memory card and click on the arrow button, which is at the bottom right-hand side.
Step 6: The next screen facilitates you to choose a specific file type that you want to recover. But, you can skip this step to select all file types by default.
Step 7: The software starts scanning the memory card, and recovers all the files from it. Once the recovery process is completed, it displays the list of all recovered photos.
Step 8: You are facilitated to view the recovered photos by its inbuilt “Preview” button. Also, you can save the entire recovery session by clicking “Save Recovery Session”. So that you can resume the saved recovery session anytime and save the recovered images without rescanning the memory card again.
Finally, if you are satisfied with the software, then activate the complete edition and save the recovered images at your destination place without rescanning the card again, by clicking “Open Recovery Session” button.
You have learned how to recover deleted or lost images from digital camera. Now, you need to know the factors that are responsible for the loss of images from the camera, so that you can be careful and try to avoid those mistakes in future.
- Accidental deletion of images from the digital camera by you or your friend.
- Capturing pictures when the memory of the camera and SD card is full.
- Capturing or processing images with low battery camera.
- Using the same memory card on different devices can also result in loss of images.
- Virus or malware infection to the memory card.
- Formatting the memory card intentionally or unintentionally without taking backup.
- Pressing “Delete All” button accidentally, while previewing images on your camera. Or else, accidental deletion of important pictures from the camera while erasing unwanted photos.
Some useful tips to protect your digital camera photos:
- Check the status of the battery of your camera before taking images.
- Avoid unplugging or disconnecting the camera from the computer, while images are being transferred to the system.
- Ensure that the camera memory is not full before clicking images.
- Always maintain a legitimate backup of all your memorable pictures on some storage device.