Hard drive error is the most irritating among various problems that can strike to your computer. It leads to the loss of critical files, folder, document and videos which is stored over the years. You can duplicate your files on cloud server or back up important in external hard drive. In spite of that, it is also a good choice to keep your hard drive secured such that it avoids various data loss scenario.
Check Disk (CHKDSK) is the best way to detect the state of hard drive. With this program, you can sort out and fix errors in hard drive. There are several ways to run CHKDSK Windows 10, follow any of the steps to correct the errors in hard drive:
Run CHKDSK Windows 10 through PC
- Open File Explorer
- On left side bar, press This PC
- Right Click on the partition on which you want to Run CHKDSK
- Click Properties and open Tools in the Properties Windows
- Press Check button to perform Error-Checking
Run CHKDSK through Command Prompt
- Press Windows+X and open Command Prompt (Admin)
- Type “CHKDSK C:” or you can replace C with the drive letter you want to scan
- I recommend you to type (CHKDSK C: /F) in order to fix the errors in drive
- Now press Enter to start CHKDSK on your computer
Run CHKDSK Windows 10 from Cortana
- Type same command “CHKDSK C:” as you entered in command prompt. You can replace the letter C with other drive letter which you want to scan.
- The Cortana program will automatically start and execute command prompt on your system.
I think you understand how to run CHKDSK /F Windows 10 manually. However, it is possible that sometimes CHKDSK process failed due to any unknown reasons. Under such condition, you can use Remo Recover tool on all the versions of Windows based machine. Using this software, you are able to recover data from various file systems such as NTFS, FAT16, FAT32, EXFAT, etc. It recovers audio, video, images, Office document, compressed files, PDF, PSD files, etc. Preview option is a special feature that allows users to check the performance of tool before purchasing the licensed version. It is safe and secure in recovering data after errors in hard drive on Windows 10 system.
Precautions to avoid data loss scenarios
- Backup all files on external hard drive or USB drive
- Update antivirus program on your computer to reduce data loss scenario.
Benefits of Remo Recover Tool
- It can be launched on various Windows based machine. Apart from hard drive recovery, you can also recover files from USB drive, external drive, memory card, etc.
- With the application of this software, you can easily recover files from formatted, reformatted, corrupted and damaged hard drive.
- The software is in-built with advanced algorithm that easily scans entire drive and perform data recovery without any issue.
- Find Option on software allows you to search recovered files according to different file signatures like file name, file type, size and date.