Most of the professional photographers prefer Canon digital camera, as it offers livelier and crystal clear images. The images captured in Canon cameras will be saved in CR2 format that is a RAW file format. Actually RAW images are unprocessed files that needs to be converted into any format using any of the digital camera supporting format. CR2 images captured with Canon cameras will be saved in SD card used in the camera.
Though CR2 images looks stunning, livelier, and crystal clear, sometimes these CR2 files gets deleted due to some known or unknown reasons that places you in uncomfortable circumstances. The situation will be very painful if the backup of the deleted files are not found. In such circumstances, recovery of CR2 image files becomes necessary if those image files are memorable to you. Luckily, you can recover CR2 files from SD card by using professional photo recovery tool like Remo Recover software with ease.
There are many reasons due to which your CR2 files gets lost or deleted from the SD card. Let us see few frequently occurred scenarios behind deletion of CR2 files from SD card, so that in future you can try to avoid such scenarios
- Pressing Delete All button on camera while previewing the files or while erasing useless files from your camera
- Abrupt ejection of SD card from the camera or the system when read/write process is in progress can lead to loss of few files
- If the file system of SD card is corrupted, then it becomes completely inaccessible due to which you lose entire files from SD card
- Sudden power outage while transferring CR2 files from SD card to your system or vice versa can result in loss of few files
- Severe virus attack, formation of excessive bad sectors, deletion by third party tools, etc. are some of the common reasons behind deletion or loss of CR2 files from SD card
Things to Remember:
- Never eject the SD card from the Canon camera or computer when read/write is going on
- Always make use of ‘Safe Remove’ option while ejecting the SD card from the system and the camera
- Make use of power backup utility such as UPS to avoid CR2 file loss while transferring CR2 files from SD card to the computer or vice versa
- After your CR2 files deleted from the SD card, at any cost do not save any new files on the card, as it reduces the chance of recovery
Perform deleted CR2 file recovery from SD card with Remo Recover tool:
To perform deleted CR2 file recovery from SD card, Remo Recover is an appropriate tool, as it recovers deleted as well as lost CR2 files from formatted, reformatted, and corrupted SD cards with utmost ease. To safely and securely recover CR2 files from SD card, all you need to do is just download, install, and launch the free demo version of Remo Recover software on your computer. Demo version is well equipped with advanced scanning algorithms using which it scans the SD card and recovers missing and erased CR2 files in few clicks. After the successful completion of scanning process, it permits you to preview all the recoverable CR2 files. In order to save these recovered CR2 files, you have to purchase the licensed version of the software.
Key features of Remo Recover:
- Remo Recover software not only recovers CR2 files, but also recovers other formats of image files such as PNG, DNG, NEF, CRW, TIFF, GIF, JPG, BMP, RAW, and many more
- It supports files recovery from almost all major brands of SD card including SanDisk, Samsung, Lexar, Toshiba, Kingston, Sony, etc.
- Along with CR2 image files, it also has an ability to recover videos, music files, and other files from SD card with great ease
- Besides SD cards, it has potential to recover Microsoft Office files, images, videos, audio files, system files, games, and many more formats from computer’s internal hard drives as well as external hard drives, pen drives, flash drives, and other storage devices
- Supports recovery of images from Canon, Nikon, Kodak, Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, Olympus, and other leading branded cameras